We have a learning culture that places great emphasis on education and training.
As a roofing contractor, this enables us to continually offer our customers the highest standards from highly trained team members and continue to evolve our own business systems.
We are committed to high quality development in our industry as well as in our own business. With all this in mind, we offer roofing apprenticeships, plus technical and professional training across a range of activities. When it comes to safety – which drives everything we do – we carry out both induction training as well as on-going safety awareness initiatives for our workforce.
As a responsible employer, we offer:
- Plenty of opportunity to develop in-house
- Annual training plans
- Individual training and development plans
- Training in technical knowledge and practical operational skills.
We are working with the CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) on skills and knowledge initiatives to develop our workforce, and with the Institute of Roofing to develop management technical skills.
Here are some of the qualifications our team members routinely take, depending on their role:
- NVQ Level 2 Slating and Tiling
- NVQ Level 2 Flat Roofing
- NVQ Level 3 Construction Management
- City & Guilds Lead work
- IOR Management and Technician
- Approved installer training with major manufacturers
- SMSTS (Site Managers' Safety Training Scheme)
- SSTS (Site Supervisors' Safety Training Scheme)
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certificate Scheme)
- IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health).